Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: why cant i beat this :(

Great suggestions @DirtWitch.

I hope you're feeling a bit better now @scared01 Heart

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

anxiety and depression can be really scary @scared01, and I like the way you've described yours like a bull coming towards you at full speed.

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

im a fat ugly pathetic looser @letitgo thats why i cant beat this

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 it sounds like you're getting caught up in a lot of negative self-talk and it must feel really painful and upsetting. I have trouble with regulating emotions too so I can really relate to what you're saying--you feel like you're at the mercy of your own terrible feelings and when they come you just have to suffer.

I don't think it's true that you're a fat ugly loser. I think there are a lot of good and beautiful things about you and you are a person that is experiencing a lot of pain. Nobody can control their emotions--they are a part of being human and will rise and fall. Unfortunately when you are mentally ill, emotions are much more intense and they are much harder handle/you are more strongly affected by it. You are not weak for being affected by your depression, and I think you are doing a really good job at dealing with it even though it feels awful.

@DirtWitch

how come no matter how hard i try and it doesnt matter what i do. it always goes backwards.

ive tried to be positive , always look at the positives, turn things around so its better but it doesnt last

@scared01 I think one of the hardest things about recovery is accepting that it is a long, difficult road and that recovery is something you have to choose again and again....it's not a one-off decision where once you decide to get better you will progress in a linear way to 'completely better'. 

It really does suck but I think part of recovering is accepting that you will still have terrible periods and feelings while recognising that you are not going backwards during those times. Working hard and being positive aren't futile efforts, and the effort you put into caring for yourself isn't discounted because they don't last--it's unrealistic to expect emotions to be permanent because they always fade. But in those moments where you care for yourself, you are recovering instead of letting the depression consume you, and they are moments of extraordinary strength and the foundation for your recovery.

This is about binge-eating but in general I've found this blog post on recovery helpful in dealing with negative thoughts and emotions.

@DirtWitch i knows a long road and ive accepted that. i know itll go all over the place and not jsut up but thats the problem in not actually going anywhere. im just  going in circles and not getting anywhere except backwards.

i am trying well im trying to try but i dont seem to be succeeding anywhere.

ill take a look at the link too thanks Heart

@scared01 I hope I'm not overstepping with this question but can I ask why do you think you're not succeeding? From the post it seems like you're doing a lot to help yourself e.g. organising with bills, studying, posting here regularly etc.

also, if it's okay with you I would like to offer an Internet hug...

@DirtWitch your not over stepping any lines for either things.

why am i not succeeding- im going to therapy and practicing the coping strategies yet i still continue to go downhill despite any efforts i put in.

my horse care is going down hill simply becasue i cant seem to find any enjoyment anymore and hate being there.

my family blames me for everything including while i was in hospital

freinds?- what are they besides the two faced one i have now that has to be right so i dont hang out with them anyway

im failing at my job and if my mental health keeps declining ill probably loose it and then ill ahve to go onto centrelink on the dull and i dont want to do that- who would

i want to hideway and never come out

I understand how you feel @scared01, it is hard to keep trying when it feels like things aren't moving forwards. Have you talked to your psych about these feelings?