cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why me i hate it!!!

I have had depression since i was seven and im sick of being happy one day to wanting to kill my self the next. I have no one to talk to. I just want everything to end

Re: why me i hate it!!!

Hey there,

Welcome to Reach Out. Smiley Happy

I would really recommend that you give the guidelines a read, if you haven't already. Smiley Happy They are there so we can all stay safe on these forums. Smiley Happy Check them out here: http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Forum-amp-Commenting-Guidelines/m-p/16#U1...

I am so sorry to hear that you have been suffering with depression from such a young age and are still suffering now. However, it's really important that you keep yourself safe. Do you have a support network who you can contact when things are bad? A counsellor, a doctor? I'm sorry to hear that you say you don't have anyone to talk to - but there are ALWAYS people out there who are willing to listen, sometimes we just need to make the first step in asking for help. Are you at school? Do you have a school counsellor?

Another couple of resources I'd really recommend is Kids Help Line (1800 551 800) http://www.kidshelpline.com.au - their phone service is available 24/7 and they also have online counselling (it's just like talking on MSN to a counsellor!). Smiley Happy There is also eheadspace, which is another great service - check them out here: http://www.eheadspace.org.au .

If you haven't already, I'd also recommend checking out this factsheet on the ReachOut.com website: http://au.reachout.com/Factsheets/B/Building-better-coping-skills and some of these stories might be helpful too: http://au.reachout.com/Tough-Times/Somethings-not-right/Angry-sad-or-depressed Smiley Happy 

I look forward to seeing you around the forums! Smiley Happy

Take care of yourself - us at ReachOut.com care!

MM.

Hi greatmistake 

It's terrible that you have had these confusing emotions and it sounds really hard living with this. What coping strategies do you have to deal with this? 

Looking at the positive perspective, you are here and you can talk to us and MM has given you great resources which I hope you will use. 

Please continue using the forums we would love having u around 

Take care Smiley Happy

Re: why me I hate it!!!

Hey GM,

I'm really glad you found your way to this community. The depression and up and down emotions you are feeling are actually not unusual and there are plenty of us here who know how it feels to be bright and sunny one day, then really down the next. It can be so hard to find yourself down again after a spell of feeling good, but you just need to put one foot in front of the other, push through and before you know it you'll be feeling on the up again. But hang in there and I promise it will get better. 

You might not always feel like talking to someone else about how you feel, but believe me, it almost always helps. MM has given you some great contacts above, and I really really hope you do follow up with Kids Helpline or one of the other services. 

Also, I too starting to get depressed from a young age - for me it started when I was 9 or 10 and came back again when I was 16 or 17. I am in my 30s now and I guess as you get older you accept that sometimes depression will hit when you lest expect it, but you also realised that you have the strength to overcome it. 

So hang in there, get some help and drop by here any time you feel like a chat.  

Hey GM

The others have given some really good advice, I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy Hope we continue to see you around! x

I agree totally with Mischief Managed! There are ways to go to get help and uspport and us here at Reachout.com would love to help you on your way. Smiley Happy

Remember dont give up as the popular sports brand says : IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

hey great mistake i think about 8 years ago i said the exact same thing on these exact forums things do get better i think everyone on this forum is a testiment of that espicially me .

ok im gonna do what i always do with every long post and break it up

ok the depression since you were seven and going through happiness to really big depressions sounds like a problem you might want to talk to a psychologist or someone about . theres a really awesome fact sheet on reach out on warning signs . there is also really cool mental health organisations like mind headspace , beyond blue were you can set up an appointment and not feel like your in a mental institute or anything like that and talk to a professional about it . trust me its not as scary as you think youll probably score a free muffin

ok having no one to talk to is a problem alot of people face .theres a few ways to combat this

number one try and find a new group theres a million different sporting groups and intrest groups out there . find something that just fits with you its an amazing way to make alot of new friends quickly

number two get involved in reach out post on the games and the talking threads everyone will be hyped to talk to you

and just remember i promise you life changes high school /uni isnt the end its just a stage of your life