cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wish i wasnt this damn lonely

so sick of having nobody around Smiley Sad I just want a loving family and good friends, thats all! 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: wish i wasnt this damn lonely

Hey @j95 

Sorry to hear that you're feeling lonely at the moment. Feeling lonely isn't fun and it can take a toll at times. 

What have you been up to lately? We're here to hear so let us know what's up.

@j95 

We are hear to listen and help. 

It looks like you are a Star contributor so thank you for helping out others while you are here. You have lots of friends here.

Life is full of ups and downs and sometimes I keep myself busy with other stuff while going through a dry spell with no friends and crappy family. Smiley Happy

Take care.

Hey @j95 feeling lonely can be really awful, especially because sometimes you just feel so powerless to do anything about it. It really sucks to hear that you're feeling this way right now! Even though it may not seem like such of a plus, I do find alone-time a really great oppertunity to get explore things that I wouldn't get to do if I was crowded by people - like read a good book, invest some serious hours into a video game or take up a hobby.

How have you been travelling today ? 

Hey @j95 so sorry to hear that you're feeling lonely, i understand what you're going through, being lonely can suck, but it could be pretty awesome too. When i find myself feeling lonely I make the most of it and do things i could only do when i'm by myself, @KitKat has offered some good ways to keep yourself occupied when you're by yourself, one thing i like to do is binge-watch tv shows Smiley Happy

Have you tried calling someone you know to let them know how you are feeling?

Hope to hear from you soon, we're always here if you want to chat Smiley Happy

@KitKat @Myvo @standinside @jvkn 

Thanks everyone

Being the holidays everybody is out doing stuff with their family and friends, I have nobody to do with fun things with. The last couple of weeks has been really tough on me I've started doing something completley out of character and the people I had left for support are turning their backs on me fast and now I can't stop. I'm feeling like  big lonely idiot. 

@jvkn @standinside 

Hey @j95 

I know things can get really tough when you start to lose friends and support, it has happended to me, but don't worry there will always be someone there for you and I definately think now your volenterring and meeting new people that you will get some new friends and a bigger support network.

But for now there are plenty of things you can do on your own that could boost your mood, excercise, read a book, games, etc. so find a hobby you like and while noones around you can really start to focus on that. Having a project would also stop you feeling so lonely.

I'm sad to hear you're doing out of character stuff, it might be good to try and figure out why you are doing it.

Glad to hear things are going better though.

Highlighted

It's okay, I am lonley all the time, too.  I have to force myself to go somewhere,  anywhere, just leave the house!  Sometimes I even fo to the 24 hour Wal mart and just look at stuff, learn about new products, read labels, usually meet SOMEONE there and get to talk to them.  Older I get the less friends I seem to have.  AND I am very ill, and have pretty much been "abandoned" by everyone when I got my diagnosis 2 years ago.  Everyone came by t see me..once. No one even calls to ask how I am doing.  Talk about being lonely!  Hah!  I guess I can't do for them Like I used to, so I have out lasted my expiration date.  SO, screw them all!..I go to see my daughter and her family a lot in another state.  I stay for 2-4 weeks at a time, and I am very helpful to her, and have a purpose with helping with the children and cooking cleaning etc.  I like to do this, However I am still kinda lonely when I do that, and Kinda not.  You should go be a volunteer somewhere.  I do that, too.  twice a month, AND I started going to different churches looking for one I like.  I think I found one.  That keeps me from being lonely for sure!

If people are deserting you for your out of character behavior, you should take a look at that behavior and wonder why you chose to do it.  Attention?  negative attention is better than no attention... is not the way to go about getting attention.  As soon as I stop having pty parties, put a smile on my face, and ask peple HOW they are, or what THEY are up to, smiling faces come back at you!  You attract to you what you put out there.  Negativity breeds negativity!  Happiness, laughing, being self confident it all brings you the same.

@j95 wrote:

so sick of having nobody around Smiley Sad I just want a loving family and good friends, thats all! 

Never put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket!