cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 8th March: Inspiring women for International Women's Day!

@indieinsanus Awesome to hear your passion for this topic Heart 

I love the point you made about knowing your worth and respecting yourself - such an important thing to learn. Sounds like you've had some incredible female role models in your life! 

@letitgo  Devi Lovato - love her! And it really doesn't matter what day it is - everyday is an opportunity to celebrate the people we look up to, and to promote equality! 

Admitting where we still need to learn is such an important thing to do when striving for equality. So often we are willing to point out where other people make mistakes or don't know enough, but not ready to look at our own gaps in knowledge and understand. There is always more to learn. Heart

@DIVYA so good to hear how much of an important influence your mum has been in your life. She sounds awesome. And very true that we can uplift other women every day! 

@Jay-RO  I love the women you've shared too!  The Latest Kate I hadn't heard of - so great . And Catherine Hamlin is super inspiring- what a woman. 

I know right! Such a powerhouse!
@gina-RO I wouldn't have really known about her but there's a movie being made and that made me so interested! I'm so glad I know about her now

@letitgo  Demi Lovato was a person who popped into my head too actually! I really admire how she's using her lived experience to advocate for mental health Heart 

1. Who is a woman/girl in your life you look up to and why? 

My sister! 100% she's one of the people i admire the most. She's got a chronic illness that constantly kicks her when she's down, but she's so driven and determined and it's so admirable. She's always taking those next steps to get where she wants to go and it's so inspiring Heart

2. What can you do to celebrate or show support to a women or girl in your life today? 

A particular friend of mine popped into my head, and for her I can reach out and prove with actions not just words that i'm there even when things are tough Smiley Happy 

3. How can you promote equality in your world? 

I feel like one of the most powerful things we can do is listen. Everyone has such different experiences and life paths, and when we listen and raise up the voices of people who get forgotten, change starts being possible Smiley Very Happy (ideally at least Smiley Sad )

@ecla34  I loved reading through your answers - reflective and compassionate Heart