cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask Our Builders Almost Anything!

Hi @May_! I was looking up places to volunteer or work at where I could put the skills I learned about in my psychology degree into practice and eventually get some experience for postgraduate study. A psychologist recommended that I get some more experience in social support. I was looking at the volunteering opportunities on the ReachOut website and read about about the builder program by chance. It sounded like a great opportunity that would fit in with my schedule and I knew that I had a lot to offer the community, so I applied by filling out an online form. Now here I am, happy to be a part of this awesome community! Smiley Happy

I remember helping Ben come up with the role and stuff.
Also I miss being a builder and working alongside so many amazing souls. I had to give it up for health reasons.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

sorry if I am late, but what exactly is a builder?

@keezeik what a great question!!
A Builder is a member of the ReachOut.com community who has put their hand up to use their experiences of being a young person to take their support to the next level. They're trained in the art of Peer Support and help us to make our community the best place it can be.

We reflected on the joys of 2019

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

awesome explanation @Bee Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Loving this thread and all the questions coming through! 

Remember this is a great opportunity for you to ask builders any questions you've been wanting to ask, and a chance for all the Builders to answer questions and reflect on your role! 

Builders - feel free to answer questions that have been asked as many times as you want - we want to hear from all the bobs!

Smiley Very Happy

We've had a question come through the form: 

What is your favourite part of being a builder?

Would love to hear from you bobs -

@_Artemis_ @AJ16 @Ash555 @DirtWitch @DIVYA @dncinginthedirt @dog_lover94 @Groovy_Popsicles @Hozzles @Jane_Rose @Ladybug @lennycat2017 @Maddyw @Mcro @MochaChino @mspaceK @queenP @scared01 @skyedre @spacejam @Sunflower18 @Tasi @WheresMySquishy 

I’m not a builder..

hey @Bananatime04  apologies I meant to tag the builders, but tagged all the people we're keen to get questions from! 

Feel free to ask things - I hope one day to see you apply to be a builder (when you are 16). Smiley Very Happy

Sorry I wouldn’t be a good builder