cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask Our Builders Almost Anything!

Great question @Sammyye@Hozzles has given an awesome definition of what a builder is!

At the moment we have over 80 builders who been actively supporting members and building the  community over the last 12 months! 

Check out our community activities calendar here

I have a question for you @blobby Smiley Happy You mentioned that being a builder has given you the opportunity to support other people, and this is something you enjoy doing while you are at studying which is great! 

I would love to hear how you juggle time between school work and providing peer support? Do you have any tips for aspiring builders who are studying and also want to find ways to help others/volunteer?

Check out our community activities calendar here

Hi @Jess1-RO, sorry I've taken a long time to get back to you. Time management could be a little harder than I thought (haha)!

In PDH at school at the moment we are looking at mental health, and my teacher is saying that I have extensive knowledge about the topic (which I think is a good thing?). 

Since I'm smack bang in the centre of my teen years, I think its good to use several time management techniques. They are so helpful, especially when trying to keep yourself in reality!

In a way, these forums help keep reality in check. 

I recommmend:

1. Setting a timetable. I'll often get on the forums when I've got a bit of downtime, for example, when I'm having lunch (when I'm not at musical practice!), and get on for half an hour or so while watching a show. I have been a bit absent on the forums (I forgot my password haha), but timetables are a LIFE SAVER!!

2. Get friends involved! If you and a group of friends want a simple way to assist others, jump on the forums and help out. Be aware however of the community guidelines which you can find here:

https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/About-the-forum/MUST-READ-ReachOut-com-Community-Guidelines/m-p/16...

I think that helping others is so important and I love doing what so many do on these forums. 

Love and hugs, 

blobby Smiley Happy

@Hozzles thats a great answer Smiley Happy

@blobby what happened to your builder thingy (where it says rookie, builder etc) sorry cant think of the name
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

hi @scared01 

actually don't know haha

I forgot my password, and I guess that might decrease your rank thingy?

I don't actually know if i was a builder in the first place. I was too young when I was asked to be one. I found out you had to be 16 to be one, and I'm about to turn 16, so that might change?

love and hugs, 

blobby Smiley Happy

i didnt remember you being a builder either or maybe im just forgetful lol @blobby all good your inputs always welcome anyway, was just curious Smiley Happy

all good @scared01 haha

how has everybody's day been?

Hi,

May I ask if the Getting Real session is on today? Thank you.

hi @my21st
Theres no GR on this week, the next one starts on the 15th april. so next week.

Thank you so much. Is the next topic 'how to relax and calm your nerves'?