cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
From the beach, to the world of books and hiking...these young people chat about where they feel like they belong. https://au.reachout.com/

Belonging

In light of Harmony Day yesterday, ReachOut made this video about where people feel like they belong. 

Feeling like you belong, can make a big difference to how you feel about yourself, and your community.  Take a look at the video, and have a think about this question for yourself - 

Where do you feel like you belong?  

What does belonging mean to you?

Would love to hear from you on this one - belonging is really diverse, and can mean something different to everyone! 

Re: Belonging

Where do you feel like you belong?  

Here on the forums! I know that no matter what's going on in my life I'll always belong here. I also feel like I belong when I'm at uni, with my partner, friends, or my dog. Walking in nature helps me feel connected to the Earth itself as opposed to other people.

What does belonging mean to you?

Belonging is about having social connections and knowing that people accept you unconditionally. It's also about knowing that even though someone might drop off the face of the Earth for a little while (life gets crazy sometimes!), if anything were to ever happen they'd have my back 100%. It's feeling at ease and relaxed instead of anxious; it's feeling happy.

Curious what everyone else's answers are Smiley Happy