cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got any tips for living with bad skin/acne?

(Dr Nick voice) Hi, everybody!

We're writing an article about living with bad skin and we want your help! 

This article will be mainly focused on tips for living with bad skin, rather than solutions to fix bad skin; so if you have any experiences of how you coped when you had bad skin, please send them through!

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

giphy (6).gif

Re: Got any tips for living with bad skin/acne?

hi @Rose-RO

great topic!

for me i have bad skin, and stress doesnt help me one bit.

what i find helps me, it also helps clear acne in a way too is to keep to a cleansiing routine.

i have acne washes and use those after ive cleansed in the shower and also after a shower i have these wipes- they are by clearasil and you leave it on and helps to clear the clogs.

i use these morning and night as they are super easy to use and only takes an added minute or two in the bathroom

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

hi @scared01

this is great stuff!

does your acne bother you or affect your confidence? I want to try and get more of a perspective on how you deal with it day to day Smiley Happy

yes @Rose-RO it does affect me realy badly. ive got really low self esteem and having acne doesnt help me.

with some of my medical conditions i have to get a massage or back treatments as well and i havent been for a long time becasue of the acne.

Wow thank you for sharing that @scared01! Maybe we should make a thread for people who are dealing with acne, or other things that have an impact on their self-confidence. Is that something you would like to help with? 

i dont really know @Ben-RO 

im happy to get tips off this thread too instead of starting another one

Hmm welll this thread is more for the article, so we can definitely get a bunch of tips, but it miiiight not be as useful in like 3 or 4 years! Also we need a space for supporting as well as sharing tips. Anyway, if you're keen i'd love you to make a thread, but you don't have to Smiley Happy 

Hey guys!

Thanks for starting this thread Roseanna, such an important topic.

I know when I dealt with acne, it was really important for me to remember that lots of other people were experiencing the same thing. Once I started treating it I actually took a selfie every couple of weeks and it was encouraging to see the improvement.

Really interested to hear if you guys have any other ways of living with bad skin that makes you feel better about it Smiley Happy

thats awesome @Mel-RO

what sort of things helped you treat it?

oh like a progress shot? thats a clever idea! never thought of that!