cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Got any tips for living with bad skin/acne?

I was lucky enough to see a dermatologist, and they got me to simplify my skincare routine. A lot of it is just waiting though, usually it will get better in time.

Yeah a progress shot! I found it was helpful for me. I also tried to be a lot more gentle on myself and notice the things I did like about myself.

oh id never thought of going to see a dermatologist either @Mel-RO

i think i might look into that to reduce some it  and be better able to manage it as well.

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

It's definitely a good option to try out @scared01 Smiley Happy I saw one when I had really bad acne and whilst they didn't do much for me personally, I know of people who saw one and had great results!

thanks heaps @Rose-RO im going to have a look and see if theres any in my area.

my gp prescribed a cream but it required 2 showers a day and it was getting annoying and i wasnt really seeing results

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @Rose-RO, living with acne has definitely been a huge struggle for me.

What really helped me to live with bad skin was the support of my partner. Everyone around me was always suggesting me to do this and that, despite it never working. My partner was always there to tell me 'it's ok' and that the opinions of others shouldn't affect me.  I was always really insecure about myself, but he was always able to build up my confidence - I would forget that I have acne, until someone brings it up.

Highlighted

I Just Make Sure I get Some Proper Facial Towels And Wash My Face Everyday. I Need To Go see A dermatologist. Pretty soon though I'm taking blood tests and things as well encase i'm lacking. 

Get a referral to see a dermatologist earlier rather than later.  Often skin issues are not what you think they are.  I was treated for what my gp thought was folliculitis for almost a year.  Turns out it's something else more similar to psoriasis than anything else.  In hindsight I wish I had pushed to see a dermatologist sooner instead of suffering with ineffective treatments and severe pain for as long as I did.  100% Hindsight.  

Get a referral to see a dermatologist earlier rather than later.  Often skin issues are not what you think they are.  I was treated for what my gp thought was folliculitis for almost a year.  Turns out it's something else more similar to psoriasis than anything else.  In hindsight I wish I had pushed to see a dermatologist sooner instead of suffering with ineffective treatments and severe pain for as long as I did.  100% Hindsight.  

@honkyThis was really great to hear. Do you mind if I shoot you a quick email about using your quote in an article?

yes of course @Mel-RO Smiley Happy