cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Got any tips for living with bad skin/acne?

Thanks everyone for your responses! I don't need any more quotes, I'll link to the article in here when it goes up Smiley Happy

Thanks everyone! It was really amazing to hear your stories and great ideas for dealing with skin issues Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the chat @Mel-RO Smiley Happy 

Little things everyone can do is changing your pillow case every night, washing your face morning and night and limiting the amount of soft drink.

With living with acne/bad skin, my tip would be just to accept it and focus on the things you can do to help control it, and try not worry about what you can not control.

Smiley Happy

Love that @Jrt14 It is so true!

I started at a really early age with acne. And still to this day, at almost 21, it is still an ongoing battle. I have some good days and some bad. But I definitely notice that my diet greatly effects my skin. The more sugary foods I eat the more build up I get on my skin. Which is a shame because I do like my sweets.

Same here!! A lot earlier than most people too which was hard! 100%, for me soft drink is definitely a big one and then there is always stress! Stressful weeks really do play a toll but just gotta try control what I can! 

Highlighted

Having gone through terrible acne since I was about 8 (bad genetics!), and am now dealing with the sort of aftermath of that--acne that's occasional rather than cystic, quite bad scarring, and persistent redness.

My tips for managing skin would be:

• Get your skin routine going! This should be washing your face at the very least, especially if you've put on makeup during the day. Some people might need extra steps, like moisturiser to soothe dry skin or tea tree oil products for acne spots. There's a lot to choose from and I have a lot of experience when it comes to products for oily/acne prone skin.
  • Eat as healthy as you can and exercise (basic taking care of yourself improves all sorts of things!).
  • If you're comfortable with using makeup, you can use it to minimise or disguise the appearance of acne and scarring. There is so much choice out there for products, you sort of just have to try things and see how they are. Lots of affordable options as well that are not necessarily worse than the expensive brands as well!
  • And my biggest tip for living with acne and imperfect skin: self-love! It has taken me a LONG time to come to terms with how my skin used to look (I was bullied terribly as a kid for it), and even as an adult all the leftover damage and I just think... can't I just catch a break? And then it becomes about reminding myself that models in ads are airbrushed, and acknowledging that--hey, my skin wasn't as red today, nice! Or, oh man my skin is looking rough at the end of the day, I'll give it a wash and scrub and put on a soothing clay mask, and it will feel good and I should love my skin regardless of how it looks!

Smiley Very Happy

Hey @Viridae, those are some fantastic tips! Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Awesome tips, thanks @Viridae

We've actually got an article on this topic up now, you can find it here - thanks so much for all your tips!

First and foremost: Healthy Diet!

I eat lots of fruits and salads and drink a lot of water to stay hydrated. I also actively avoid oily and spicy stuff.

I think it’s always a good idea to choose a natural face wash for a normal skin type. I use  Aloe Natural face Wash as it is made with 100% pure Aloe Vera gel. Aloe has exceptional qualities when it comes to skin. It’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory nature makes it perfect for acne prone skin. The face wash’s deep cleanse ensures that there are no dead cells or left over make up clogging up hair follicles on my face. (hah, yes I research my skin care products thoroughly!). My experience with the face wash has been very good and my skin is healthier now than before.

Another one of my must do skin care rules is to ensure I follow the CTM routine - Cleansing, Toning and moisturising. My friends tell me I am obsessive, but I am just very particular about my skin, can’t help it!

Hi @akshaysoap thank you for posting and sharing your tips, it's always good to hear from others experiences and also advisable to chat to health professionals for any particular skin conditions. Just letting you know I have sent you an email also Smiley Happy