cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do you say no to peer pressure?

whilst peer pressure has (fortunately) not been prevalent within my life, my family, friends and teachers have taught me many other methods of in-explicitly saying "no" to peer pressure (i.e. making excuses.) for example if the context is regarding alcohol or drugs:
"sorry, i'm driving tonight."
"i can't, i have a (sports) game tomorrow."
"don't feel like it tonight, maybe next time." etc etc.
Highlighted

Yeah, I'm the complete same, I struggle in person but online I'm fine. @letitgo

@Annie-RO 

I Also Have A Question About Peer Pressure.

Can It Be Considered Harassment? Or Abuse?  Smiley Happy   

Thanks legends, it's great for parents to be hearing it straight from the horses mouth!

The final piece is up on the Parents site here: https://parents.au.reachout.com/common-concerns/everyday-issues/things-to-try-peer-pressure/creative...

And @Andreana, peer pressure can definitely move into the world of harrassment or abuse. It's all about how long it happens for and the seriousness/severity of the pressure (although all peer pressure sucks). If you're worried about you or a friend it's a good idea to get help, maybe from a friend or family member or even a teacher or counsellor. Perhaps @Ben-RO has some more suggestions?

Thanks for sharing the final piece @Annie-RO! It looks great Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

love the quotes @Annie-RO, i'm glad we could help Smiley Happy

Hi @Annie-RO,

I've been in many situations where it can be hard to say no to peer pressure!

My method of tackling this issue is to stay firm in my decision and make it loud and clear that I'm not going to change my mind. I feel like sometimes if they can see that you are on the fence they will keep persisting! A firm no with a reason why I feel that way usually works! Smiley Happy