cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LGBTIQ+ Talk - Sharing the Love and Feels

So cool @DirtWitch Smiley Happy

Hi everyone, it's so nice to hear from other LGBT+ people & allies. I recently fully came out to my family as bisexual and have finally had the courage to engage in my community.

I also have religiously watched lgbt+ youtubers for advice and support. It really helps. I have also just about watched every coming out video ever made haha.

Yo @kels, welcome to RO Smiley Very Happy

There's a chat going on about gender and sexuality RIGHT NOW if you want to join in!

(I too have watched every coming out video ever made - they're pretty great, huh?)

Welcome @kels! Congrats on coming out Smiley Happy

Hey guys!!! Just wants some help, I'm 14 and I think I'm bisexual. I just think it's a phase tho. I'm rlly confused and I'm not understanding what's happening. ATM I like a guy and a girl. Cheers!

Hey Lexi,

It's perfectly normal to be confused - sexuality and gender are moving targets that can vary over time, so there's no need to have it all figured out at your age - or any age. I'm 22 and I still barely understand what's going on half the time, if that. Personally, I like to simplify it down to "am I attracted to this person" rather than "am I attracted to this group of people", which bypasses the need to put labels on anything. That works for me, since I'm not overly attached to my sexual identity, but obviously your situation may be different.

But to answer your question, bisexuality is defined as experiencing sexual attraction to both male and female genders. So at the moment, provided that what you feel towards the guy and girl you mentioned is sexual, you would generally be considered to be bisexual, in this phase, anyway. Or maybe it's not a phase! Who knows? At the end of the day, it's your identity - it's something only you get to decide, and it's honestly fine no matter what you choose.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask us more if there's more you want to know Smiley Happy

Haha.....this one's reaaaaaally awkward but yolo right? Uhhhh the girl that I liked told me she was bi as well aaaaaand I wanna ask her out. No idea how.... *SIGH* I don't wanna come across as creepy or anything and she said she was cool with the idea of a date but...... oh god. My life is confusing. Veeeeery confusing

Aaaaaaaand I just realised that I said 14 in my first post......I meant to say 15 😂😂😂

@AlexandriaD Super exciting and nerve wracking all at once! I remember the first time I asked a girl out Smiley Happy (I am female, date females!) it was quite terrifying haha. But super worth it.

I've been rejected a couple of times but we just need to be kind to ourselves it happens to everyone no matter what sexuality. Are you thinking about how to approach it? Are you feeling good about asking her or have any idea how you would do it Smiley Very Happy? RO is all ears a few of us might even have some steady breathing tips etc..

original.gif

I haven't asked her yet. We're preeeeetyy close but I'm kinda thinking about being really casual. Like randomly in a conversation, just stammering and asking her out. She likes shyness! Finallllllyyyyyy!!! I think I just love being around her and not just in a friendsy way. I guess I sort of want a love deeper than that and I don't wanna be "just a friend". I sound like a teenage melodrama. I feel so sorry for my mum sometimes 😁😁😁