cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIVE CHAT: Tues 5th Feb: Safer Internet Day

Is there something you wish that your parents understood about the internet and social media?
Are there things you think parents just don’t get when it comes to this stuff?

This is your chance to share everything you want parents to know.

Click here to submit your questions and comments to be asked during the Live Chat 

giphy (12).gif

On Tuesday 5th Feb, aka Safer Internet Day,  ReachOut will be chatting live on Facebook to a parent, and an instagram influencer, about what the go is keeping safe online.

There are lots of unknowns when it comes to the internet that can make it seem like a scary place… we think the best way to tackle this is to talk about it and share our insights and concerns.

51341425_10156267332842058_3176959971384360960_o.jpg

We will be giving parents the opportunity to ask the questions they’ve always wanted to ask, and you the opportunity to say the things you wish your parents knew.
Share your thoughts and concerns, and contribute to a discussion on internet safety.

Click here to submit your questions and comments to be asked during the Live Chat 

Re: LIVE CHAT: Tues 5th Feb: Safer Internet Day

@Saltwaterdreamtime this would be a great one for you to give your input on if you're interested!! 

While I'm here, it might also interest some others too - @litgym @annabethxchase @scared01@DIVYA @unwind @nyke @peacelovepizza @Anonymous @blossomfox

I’d love to but I won’t be able to come on for this @gina-RO

@Saltwaterdreamtime it's happening on Facebook, not the forums. If you're busy at the time of the chat, you can still go back and watch it later Smiley Happy 

I'm also wondering if you want to contribute to the questions that will be asked. 
Click here if you'd like to so do. 

Ok thanks @gina-RO but I don’t get it, is it a Facebook live? How does it stay anonymous?

Good question @Saltwaterdreamtime

The facebook live will be a live video of a RO staff member, a parent, and a young person all talking and answering the questions that people submit. 

If you submit question via the link, they will be anonymous. 

If you watch the video, that will also remain anonymous. 

However if you want to comment on the video on facebook, or interact with the vide while it is live, that activity will be linked to your Facebook account, and will not be anonymous. 

If anyone who uses the forums want to engage with the FB live video, remember to never disclose your username for the forums on facebook, or anywhere else, as this gives away your forums identity.

Hope that makes sense!

Omg @gina-RO will you be in the live chat?
Highlighted

Yeah ok makes sense @gina-RO

@Bananatime04 No i won't be in the chat! A colleague of ours  - Annie - will be! 

Should be great to watch! 

The FB event is here 

DAMN IT!! I wanted to see you! Will you ever be in one @gina-RO?