cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Let's Chat: Coronavirus

So before the country locks down proper on Tuesday my mum is coming to get me. This is honestly a relief, to be able to deal w this around family. I'm still gunna be paying rent for my share house and stuff but honestly I've been very close to hospitalisation (for mental illness stuff) a number of times already  so having someone having a close eye on me is really helpful. 

Highlighted

So I think I'm quite possibly going to lose both my jobs. I'm not on Centrelink so not sure how I'm going to be able to cover my rent or bills and they are closing the boarders to my home on Tuesday. I don't know if I should go home or stay. I don't want to over react if it's not necessary but I also know I'll have alot more support at home. I don't really know where to go from here. I have been burrying my head in the sand up until now because I don't do well with this kind of stuff and am a huge germophobe but I feel like it's really reached a point where I can't avoid it anymore. This is happening whether I want it to or not. Anyone else in the same sort of situation with work or debating about going home? (I'm living in another state for uni - they just closed it end of last week). I'm just feeling extremely overwhealmed with it all at the moment and not sure what I should be doing! 😔

Highlighted

Hey @MB95, this doesn't cover everything but it sounds like you would be eligible for Centrelink (probably youth allowance). They're making it easier to access at the moment, increasing payments available to people and waiving waiting/processing periods. I would recommend going into a Centrelink and explaining your situation, and they'll tell you what to do. I've lost my work and that's what I'm planning on doing over the next couple of days. I'll let you guys know how it goes/what I find out once I've been in...

Highlighted

Thankyou so much @hellofriend !! Please do let me know how you go! I've been at work all night so missed the updates on TV and it just freaks me out and overwhealms me too much anyway so probably best I missed it. The whole centrelink process really scares me so any info you come across, I'd love to hear it! I also just turned 25 so not sure I'll be able to get youth allowance cause I deel like I'm probably too old? 😔 But thankyou! 

Highlighted

Here is a free guide I found with ideas about how we can cope with anxiety due to the pandemic. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey @MB95 ,

That's a tough decision to make.  You mentioned having more support at home.  Support is very important during this challenging and uncertain time Heart.  Unfortunately, almost everyone is affected by this.  We can only work with the variables we can control.  My university has also closed and I'm working from home.  Good thing is I save 2 hours in travel so maybe some video game time Smiley Happy  

Things I can cantrol.jpg

Highlighted

Hey @trashconverters ,

I'm so happy to read that your mum is coming to get you.  We all need to support one another during this challenging time.  I love your maturity in acknowledging that whilst you stay have to pay for rent etc., you'll have someone keeping an eye out and care for you Heart

Highlighted

Evening all! Honestly, while I am extremely sorry to hear others struggling in this time of uncertainty, hearing that others feel overwhelmed and anxious is just a little reassuring that others feel similarly - even though I know how I feel about the pandemic is valid in itself!! I feel like last week it all kind of crashed onto me, I was cruising a bit before then, very lucky that I still had things going, and just in the last week have had my sport cancelled, lost one of my jobs due to it being closed, had to cancel holidays and had events cancelled. It all seems like superficial stuff, but having it all happen at once has been pretty overwhelming.

Watching the PM's speech last night really hit it home and I had to have a bit of a cry to get those emotions out of my system.

I hope everyone is feeling okay-ish and I'm sending positive vibes out. One thing that has really struck me about this pandemic is Mother Nature showing us what a mere few weeks without pollution can do - I mean, dolphins in the Venetian canals!? And an increase in people buying chickens and vegetables to grow at home - if we learn something from this virus, I truly hope people start being more conscious and sustainable with the way we are living!!

Highlighted

So hopefully this is gunna help me, but I realised like maybe in order to feel less hopeless, I gotta do something that I look forward too!

So I'm going to start a weird little passion project to keep me going. I love recap podcasts and I love Preacher so I'm going to re-watch it again and make a little podcast! I've already had a few online friends I met through the show  say my Preacher rants are super funny and they'd give it a listen! Is it super nerdy? Yeah. But if I have a script I need to finish once a week, but it's something I love, it might just help keep me going!  I'm starting watching episode one tonight, I'm very excited I've always wanted to do a podcast! 

Maybe podcasting might be a good idea for other people in this thread! 

Highlighted

Hey @JazzInMay 

I just wanted to check in. I completely feel you about everything being so up in the air and it all being a bit much, I have definitely had some crying time! I am sorry to hear how much you have had on at the moment that would be so hard. Thanks for checking in with everyone, and you are so right about seeing how animals and the environment having some wins without us humans impacting them!

Hey @trashconverters that's pretty bloody awesome to hear about your podcast, good on you for tapping into some proactive activities.

I am keeping myself entertained by skateboarding in my apartment, hopefully when this all settles I will be a pro haha.