cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Let's Chat: Coronavirus

Feeling really hopeless rn. My paranoia has set in and my brain won't stop telling me that this will never end. I can't even find enjoyment in my favourite TV shows or books because I see the characters out and about my brain is like "hey so you're gunna be stuck in your house forever Smiley Happy" and it's been a really difficult evening and I can't take enjoyment from anything. 

Highlighted

Thanks guys. I have a samsung so if anyone knows of ways to block any corona visus things I'd really appreciate it. I just can't cope with it. I thought I couldn't but I can't. 

I also have housemates that are playing the news and shit 24/7 and so loud in the house I can't concentrate on my studies. If anyone has advice on how to ask them nicely to make it stop I'd really appreciate it. I understand they might wanna watch it but it's a HUGE trigger for me atm and I don't know how to ask them to make it stop. 

Also @trashconverters  I hope you're okay. I can totally relate to your feelings of hopelessness right now. This is a real tough time for everyone, and I feel like it's even worse for those with mental health issues. Just remember you have us if you need someone to talk to okay? If you don't mind me asking, who are you stuck in the house with? Are they supportive people for you? Maybe they could help? Like could you maybe do a puzzle or game or something fun together to try and take your mind off whats going on? I know it's so much easier said than done, but just a suggestion.. 

Hang in there. We will eventually get through this! Don't ever forget you have us. We may he isolated, but we have eachother and we can make it through this ❤

Highlighted

Hey @trashconverters - How are you feeling today? I totally get what you mean with feeling like this whole situation will never end. I know from talking to friends and family that heaps of people are struggling with the uncertainty of how long this will go on for. What has really helped me is remembering how resilient humans are. I think back to all the challenges we've had to face in history - we have overcome so much in the past and we have done it without the science/technology we have today. We will get through this and when things go back to normal we all be so excited and grateful. 

Also, @MB95 I feel your pain in regards to all the news. It's so overwhelming. There's a few things you could do. 

• Delete social media feeds for awhile and stay in touch via messenger, facetime etc. There's also a cool app called HouseParty where you can video call people and play games together 
  • If you want to keep your timeline, you can go through and manually unfollow news pages or hide their posts. There's more info on how to control your news feed here 
  • Maybe you can also manage your Google News, instructions here 
  • You could also let people you're in contact with know that you're having a "News Cleanse" and that you'd appreciate not being sent COVID updates. 

It's such a hard time for everyone, know that ReachOut is here for you all. Whether it's to talk about fears or to have a distraction.

Corona Gun Violence GIF by MarchForOurLives

Highlighted

Heya community! Just thought I'd share this helpful acronym for those of us who are struggling with covid. Read more about each letter here 

F = Focus on what’s in your control
A = Acknowledge your thoughts & feelings
C = Come back into your body
E = Engage in what you’re doing

C = Committed action
O = Opening up
V = Values
I = Identify resources

D = Disinfect & distance

Highlighted

@Bre-ROthanks for sharing that acronym! Like a few people here, I feel myself struggling with the uncertainty of COVID, as we have no idea what it could look like tomorrow let alone in a week and that is understandably really difficult for us humans - who like routine and certainty - to accept.

I hope everyone is looking after themselves as best they can and taking time to recognise how they are feeling Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I am not sure if other people do this, but whenever there is a time of crisis (this being the corona virus) I often hyperfixiate on things that I like. This time it's Taron Egerton - whom I have been crushing on since 2015 but now because of Rocketman I've been crushing on him harder. But in times like these I've been thinking more about how much I love him as an actor.

Highlighted

Thanks @Bre-RO. I'm going to try take myself off social media for a while and hope that does the trick. 

Highlighted

Hey guys

Thought I'd share this during this testing period Heart

1585af71-976d-4064-b1e2-2353f4ad8c71.JPG

Highlighted

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, but Lifeline has an article with some tips about coping with social distancing and staying connected and I think it's really helpful. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Some days are worse than others. It's the worst trying to cope with this when you already lived an isolated life. I keep seeing everyone share fun times with friends, or being productive. I wish I could do that but I have no energy and no one around to talk to. I am so, so lonely right now. Nothing like a quarantine to bring home the fact you only have one friend, haha.