cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Let's Chat: Coronavirus

@Hozzles  I can really feel you there, I think that people are also using social media more than normal to feel that sense of connection, and share what they're doing to cope - but that can also fuel those feelings of isolation or social comparison at the same time, when people make it look like their life is a stream of different ways of interacting with people/ doing craft projects/ learning to knit/ whatever! 

Feeling lonely is an awful feeling. I know that so many of us here can relate, I know I've had times in my life when I've been really lonely, but I also think that there's still a real stigma about talking about loneliness.

Are you still doing uni at the moment?  

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

I saw this one on the weekend and liked it a lot @Hozzles , trying to be at peace with the current circumstances is easier said than done, I know. 

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

That's a really nice graph! Heart
But as much as I don't want to be a downer, the thing is that you can't really control the reactions of the people you try to reach out to, and you can't control who reaches out to you. Smiley Sad

That's also true, with social media people only really share the 'happy' stuff and it can make it look like they're doing more than they're actually doing. For example all I have been sharing is Animal Crossing however I only play it about an hour a day so my town is still pretty much a mess. Smiley LOL

I'm still at uni, only one class. I have no idea how I'm going to go, I know I have all the time in the world to do it now but I'm falling behind in my readings already. I want to contribute to the class discussions, but I don't like attending them if I haven't read the book (they're not compulsory) and I don't know how I'm going to get the assignments done as I'm so brain foggy and exhausted. Hopefully I can catch up over the holiday break...

I'm sick of being stuck in with my thoughts. Last time I had a major spike in my depression I spent it getting out as much as possible, now I can't. It's just so frustrating. Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to vent because I'm super frustrated. Also, sorry if this is a little off topic.

Basically, I only really have one friend who I talk to regularly. We don't see each other often despite living in the same town but we still talk literally every day, sometimes for hours. However, since the quarantine started I'm hearing less and less from her. She's posting on social media and I'm starting to gather why. With nothing else to do, she's taken to smoking weed all. the. time. Ages ago I told her to never, ever talk to me while she was high because, personally, and imagining being in an altered state of mind really, really triggers me. I'm glad she knows about my boundries and I'm so thankful but it sucks that I can see that she's read my messages yet ignoring them and I can gather what she's doing... even that still triggers me. I'm honestly really worried, I know people classify weed as something not too harmful but it's annoying how it can just erase someone's entire personality. 

So... because she's the only person I've had to talk to, really nothing I can do except be alone and feel awful that I am once again excluded because of drugs (all though high school it was alcohol). 

This sucks. I'm really so alone. Smiley Sad I guess one good thing is my local headspace is doing weekly Zoom meetings, so it's nice to catch up with them. That's only once a week, though, so I don't know how I am going to cope having no one to talk to.

Highlighted

Just thought people might find these links useful:
This  link is a survival guide for dealing with family while in isolation 
This link has loads of really helpful information that evolve around frequently asked questions with really clear answers 
This link has a lot of helpful resources 
This link encourages open conversations for teenagers 

Highlighted

Hey @Hozzles 

Sorry to hear about your mate, I have had that before where you don't feel valued. At at time like this that would hurt even more. Recently I have been working on letting people know the impact they are having on me, it doesn't always change the situation but I often feel better that I had my voice heard (I got that tip from @Bre-RO ) Do you think you could check in with your mate and let them know whats happening for you and how they are making you feel?

@Bananatime04 great links!

Well I have had chest pains frequently everyday due to this event of the covid 19. I've seen so many doctors and went for an xray - and they told me I am fine. It is just my anxiety. Crazy right? Well it does take some time but it's worth the wait.  Right now, I have a dry throat and I am slowly overcoming this health anxiety that I am having. It's hard ill be honest with you, but somehow I will overcome this, and so can you. So please don't give up on yourself, and you're not alone at all because I feel the exact same thing.   So please let me know if you need any help, because I'll be happy to talk Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi @helentran12,

I can imagine the chest pain must have been so concerning for you Heart Very relieved to hear that you have seen a doctor about it and working through each day moment by moment. I am also someone who gets chest pain when I am really stressed, and really feel for you that you are having chest pain daily. 

Completely agree with you, we can and will get through this together Heart Thank you for your beautiful words of support for others reading along. We are here for you too, any time you need to chat

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Hi all, I'm not sure if these have been posted before but here are some resources I found helpful today:
Coronavirus resources from BeyondBlue 
10 Psychological Tips for Coping with Coronavirus 
Coronavirus resources from Mindspot 

Highlighted

Thanks for sharing @WheresMySquishy Smiley Happy There are a lot of great resources floating around at the moment, please feel free to share any here that have been helpful

Check out our community activities calendar here