cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Let's Chat: Coronavirus

@WheresMySquishy that's really weird...

And yeah, they definitely are.. I think she just gets bored only doing one job.

And no, fortunately I've avoided anything like that.

Highlighted

Hello everyone, hope I’m not butting in here, but I just want to say something about Dan Andrews’ decision to lift lockdown restrictions on May 11, which is, I couldn’t care less if he says it’s not safe to do so just yet, because if the restrictions are lifted too soon, that’d probably only speed up the spreading of COVID-19 and leave us back where we were from when the restrictions started.

Highlighted

My results were negative Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Great to hear @Bananatime04!

Hi @Matty D, you are not butting in, everyone is welcome here. I hear what you are saying - the last thing we would want to do is go through all of this all over again. On May 11th, Daniel Andrews is planning to announce whether the restrictions will be lifted or extended. To my knowledge, there has been no decision made yet, it could go either way Smiley Happy

Highlighted

But what COULD happen if they’re lifted too soon is the virus might spread faster and we might be back to how it was when it all started. (I hope I wasn’t eavesdropping or spying on this) and I’m not sure if you remember this, but when you talked to one of the other users on here yesterday, you said to them that if the restrictions are lifted too soon, the spreading of COVID-19 might speed up and we might go back to being stuck in the same painful nightmare.

Highlighted

Hey @Matty D , I can completely understand your concerns about this, I think a lot of us are feeling the same way. My understanding is that if restrictions are lifted, it will be very gradual, and with a lot of increased testing for COVID-19. That way, if they find that there's a big increase in cases, they will be able to either have local  restrictions, or move us all back to tighter restrictions. 

One thing I have been taking comfort in is how successful Australia's restrictions have been compared to other countries, and the fact that we have a pretty great public health system (nothing's perfect, but compared to countries like the USA I think we're in a pretty good place). They've been putting a huge amount of work into preparing for another surge of cases so hopefully we'd be in a pretty good position to cope with it. 

But I do also really share your concerns about people getting complacent, it's a weird time, and there is no instruction manual for the best road out of this. There's definitely an element of trying to make the best possible decision at the time, but being prepared that it might be the wrong call. Hopefully we can just take it slowly so we're in a good position to react o anything that might happen . 

How are  you going with it all?

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

I’m fine, and I’m not really that concerned, it’s just that all I’m saying is, the longer they put off lifting the restrictions, the better, otherwise it might cause the illness to spread a lot faster and then we’ll probably just have to reinforce them anyway, because the sooner the restrictions are called off, the faster the disease will spread and more people might be at risk (mostly the elderly, that is!), because there was already another sudden spike in overnight cases the other night - 70 of them, and we sure as hell don’t want to surpass that number, so I reckon it’s for the best if they leave the restrictions upon us for a while longer.

Highlighted

I'm so glad you're okay @Bananatime04! Smiley Happy