cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Let's Chat: Coronavirus

Mixer GIF

Hey community!! Check out our Weekly Wellbeing: Self Care at Home 

We are sharing ways of getting our needs met whilst staying home. There are links to virtual entertainment, fitness events and ways to stay connected with friends. We would also love to hear what is working for people and add to the list Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

It's been so comforting reading through this thread and realizing there are so many of us with anxieties around the virus. There's some great tips and links too so thanks guys!! 

@trashconverters I also just wanted to take a moment to thank you for that amazing post of yours!!! It's such a beautiful way to look at things rather than getting bogged down in all the negatives and worries so thankyou so much for sharing! I was just about to share it on my FB but realise you personally wrote it so decided that maybe I shouldn't. But I totally think you should make it into a meme post thingo (sorry idk what they're called) and start sharing it around on social media because we need something like that to start circulating!!! 

I also feel for you with everything being avoided yesterday. 17th March is also a huge day for me - I've never attended work or school in my life on that day because I'm often irish dancing at several places within the community to celebrate. So I certainly feel your pain! I'm so happy to hear your housemate let you play some folk music though! I know it's not the same but I do hope it helped. Where in Ireland are you from? 

Highlighted

Welp my husband and I both just lost our jobs and our house (we live on site) because the whole industry we're working in is shutting down 😳

Highlighted

That's bloody awful! Hopefully they should compensate you! 

Just saw a a fantastic life hack that says once this pandemic is over, we should be asking prospective employers "what did you do for your employees during Covid-19?" and I think that's a fantastic question to ask and I might put that in my arsenal when I go job hunting at the end of this year. 

Highlighted

Hi @hellofriend, I am so sorry to hear. That is really horrible news and such a difficult situation to be forced into. It must feel like your whole world has been totally shaken up. Please keep us updated and reach out if you think there is anything we can do to help Heart

Highlighted

I have been sick for 5 days.. I’m scared

Highlighted

Hi @Bananatime04, I can understand why you might be scared right now. Have you told your parents? There is also a dedicated 24/7 hotline to discuss your symptoms, if you are worried about Coronavirus Heart It is the best avenue to ease your worries or link in with a health professional. 

Highlighted

My parents do know.. I don’t wanna be tested because I know they stick a thing right down your nose. It’s so bad. I’ve had bad pain, fevers, a really runny nose, I can’t stop sneezing, a sore throat, itchy eyes and no energy
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 Good news, from my limited knowledge it doesn't sound like you have COVID19 cause it's more of a respiratory infection than a sinus one. Still would recommend calling the hotline if you're extremely worried, though! And try to stay away from infecting vulnerable people!

Highlighted

@Bananatime04 , hope you've begun to feel a little better. 

we were supposed to open a two week run for a show on wednesday. luckily we've only had to limit performances and tickets are prioritised for actors. 

so it's really good, and tonight is our closing night. 

it really makes you put things into perspective, but all I can really say is that 2020 is such a sucky year and it's only march.