cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Bullying help- Tell us about what it was like to be a bystander!

@Yvette-RO was able to make some pretty awesome videos based on some of the experiences you folks shared about bullying. Now she needs some help talking about being a bystander. But before I explain how you can help here's one of my favourite videos that she made about bullying Smiley Happy 

Now, here's how you can help. This time we're talking about being a bystander and we'd like to know a few things:

1. Have you ever been a bystander to bullying?

2. What did you do ?

3. How did you feel?

4. Are you okay with us anonymously sharing what you said in an article we're writing about being a bystander?

You don't need to give us heaps of detail this time, just a couple of points which we can combine together to create a super bystander helping tool!

@Yvette-RO might email you to explain a bit more and to triple check you're okay with us sharing it in an article.

Re: More Bullying help- Tell us about what it was like to be a bystander!

Thanks so much @Ben-RO! Looking forward to hearing some stories. We SO appreciate everyone's time. Smiley Happy

This is cool.
I'm happy to help out, when I eventually get spare moment I'll answer your questions

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

1. Have you ever been a bystander to bullying.

Yes, so some people I was friends with were bullying somebody on Facebook. They were trying to get me involved and thought it was funny, it wasn't and the person would of been really upset.
2. What did you do?
Unfortunately I did nothing, I just didn't get involved and respond to their comments or anything. I should of checked if the person was ok though.
3. How did you feel?
I felt a few things, I felt really bad for the person, it made me upset because I know what it's like to be bullied. It also made me feel a bit ashamed of myself for hanging out with these people. And I also felt like I should of done something to help, I didn't feel like that until later on though. I thought that ignoring it was enough.
4. Yeah I think so

Thanks @j95

I really appreciate you sharing your experience and your honesty. I think a lot of people could identify with your situation. Smiley Happy

Hi @j95
I'm writing this article, thank you so much for your input - it's been really helpful.

I just have a follow up question for you:
Would you like to be credited as "j95" for the quote, or by another name?

Thanks so much for your help.

Hmm i guess j95 is fine apart from my real name I cant really think of anything else so yeah that's fine @Rose-RO thanks Smiley Happy

hey @Rose-RO I'm just wondering where this article will be shared? thx

hey @j95, it'll be a new article on the site Smiley Happy would you like me to link you to it once it's done and posted?

Yeah that would be excellent @Rose-RO