cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Guide To: Bringing In the New Year

Our Practical Guide To: Bringing In The New Year 

For many people the beginning of the year marks a time to make changes or new year resolutions. It’s also seen as a time to wave goodbye to the year that has been and put things behind us. It can be great to set new goals and refresh your thinking but for a lot of people the expectations associated with new year rituals can be overwhelming. 

New Year Ny GIF by Sky

The turn of the year from 2020 to 2021 is a particularly big one and a lot of people are feeling it. Because of this we wanted to put together a few tips on how to have a balanced approach to bringing in the new year. 

• Take some time out to feel  proud of yourself for getting through an exceptionally challenging year! 

• Think about some of the things you’d like to do in the new year that makes you feel happy + excited. 

• Reflect on the fact that there are challenges from this year that very well may roll over into 2021 and that you can get through them!

• Express how you feel about that and reach out for support if it’s an overwhelming thing for you to think about future challenges.

Jimmy Fallon Truth GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Re: Our Guide To: Bringing In the New Year

I don't usually go out on New Year's but I try to do something fun for myself. Some of my highlights in the past was ringing in the New Year with friends in a real-time online game (virtual fireworks and all!) and watching an INXS cover band in New Zealand. I'm not sure what I'll be doing this year. Maybe I'll play Animal Crossing: New Horizons as I did that one year with the previous Animal Crossing game.