cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Proposed new guideline - Content Warnings

I think that it should also be okay for people to put Content Warning: 'x'. Sometimes it might be difficult for people to write it all out, so just that short version, at least when they first post, to give a warning and then later on for it to be edited to add in the helplines.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, @StarLord Smiley Happy You should see that it has been updated.

That is just a brief overview of what that section of the forums is all about, @PeanutJelly148. So we don't really want to make it too busy, if you know what I mean. There is also the disclaimer right at the top of the forums. But thanks for your suggestion. Smiley Happy And you would be pleased to know that something similar to this is already in the planning stage.

Hmm ... yes, that does seem much simpler @N1ghtW1ng.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Okay, so I have been working on the wording on how to add it into the community guidelines ...

Please help us remain a safe friendly place by including a content warning when discussing heavy things. Please find an example below .... [insert content warnings]

Thoughts? Really struggling with how to word / what to call "heavy things". Is it the right wording? Could it be written clearer? Does it make sense to you? 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

.... when discussing anything that might upset someone else. Please find ...

Anything you find distressing or upsetting might be hard for someone else to handle too, so we ask that you let people choose whether or not to read a post by putting a "content warning"in the title of your post.

^ Ideas I've just gotten from @Ben-RO

i like that idea from @Ben-RO because it explains a bit more what 'heavy things' are, although I'm not sold on it, I'm not sure why though. Personally, I find that while someone might find the thing they're talking about distressing, they might not know WHAT it is, what the "content warning" would be? I dunno, it might just be me.

You raise a valid point, @N1ghtW1ng. How do you propose that we solve this issue?

Maybe add the word topic? Like, "upsetting topic" because it kind of outlines that the upsetting thing is a topic in your post, something that you bring up that is upsetting.
So, "discussing any topics that someone might find upsetting" instead of "discussing anything ..."

I'm a little confused by what you meant by that, @N1ghtW1ng. Do you mind writing it out in full so nothing is lost in translation?

@stonepixie yeah, that sounds right.