cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's a reason we've been talking about Peer Support- here it is!

You are all so very awesome at supporting one another and I think we need to to a lot more to recognise and support that.

I think that being a Moderator shouldn't be the only way to have some responsibility for running and building our community. I reckon anyone- including people who are under 18, or who're not quite ready to do the full on commitment of becoming a Mod should be able to help out a bit more if they want to too. I think they should be recognised for how awesome it is to do that and be given heaps of support too!

Right now we have a few different roles for people who do extra stuff for our community. We have ranks or roles like "Community Manager", "Mod" and "Mod Squad" to identify people who do different stuff and to give them a bit of authority and recognition for what they're here to do.

So after having a big chat to Sophie and our bosses here at RO I've been given the all clear to make a new role in our community.

Right now we're thinking of calling the role "Builder" because it will be all about building up the skills of people who come here for support and building up the community to become even better at supporting people than it already is. 

BuildingTimelapse

Becoming a builder won't be easy though! You'll have to do a little bit of training online (about 5 hours). Doing Builder training will be something a person has to do before they can become a Mod too. In fact a lot of the training will come straight out of the Mod training handbook!

We're just getting started on this project and so I wanted to let you know and involve you in it too.

I have lots of questions for you about how you feel about the whole idea and I also want you all to ask me any questions you might have and just tell me what you think about it!

To get things started. What do you think of the name Builder? Do you have any other suggestions for names?

If we get a few different name ideas, we'll have a vote to decide which one wins Smiley Happy

Re: There's a reason we've been talking about Peer Support- here it is!

This is actually really cool. Having more than just mods for helping the community is nice, the online training bit certainly caught my eye Smiley Tongue.
This community is all about supporting one another and having a role to help build that support and make more support supportive is "yay!". Smiley Happy
I hope that makes sense. It feels like a jumble Smiley Tongue

The name Builder keeps reminding me of Bob the Builder. Although I can't think of any suggestions.

Sorry for two posts in a row, I'm on mobile but if the name Builder sticks, I suggest that they all get nicknamed Bobs, so long as they don't mind. Smiley Tongue Mods and Bobs!

Bob was absolutely my first thought too @N1ghtW1ng Smiley Tongue

But yeah sounds cool.
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

@N1ghtW1ng MODS AND BOBS. My vote is in for Bobs.

Bobs bobs bobs. Has lost all meaning. I have no regrets.

Omg, I have been excited to hear about this since I knew something was brewing.
Definitely count me in, I'm so keen and I want to know more as soon as possible haha
I love the name builder for this, and it also suits me too Smiley Tongue

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Yes bobs!!

Haha, so we call the role "Builder" but we address them as Bobs? I like this.

BB.jpg

I'm happy with that haha

Throwing my hat into the ring to say I also love the idea of addressing the builders as Bobs, can't wait to see what happens with this new role Smiley Very Happy