cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Valentines Day - Yeah or Nah?

As someone who has recently broken up with her partner, I was absolutely dreading this Valentine's Day. Seeing people walking down the street with bunches of flowers brought a tear to my eye, because all I could think about was the whirlwind day I had planned for myself and my girlfriend in my mind and the fact that this would never be a reality. However, although that experience was horrible, I am also thankful for Valentine's Day, even in the midst of a break up. The sadness and pain reminded me that I have been brave and courageous to have loved at all, and that this is something to be proud of and grateful for regardless of the end result of the relationship. Similarly, it reminded me the value of non-romantic love. My beautiful sister bought me a bunch of flowers and chocolates, and my Dad took me out to dinner and we were able to have a really open discussion about my mental health and how I'm feeling at the moment in the wake of a break up. While Valentine's Day might be incredibly cheesy and commercial (*vomit*), at it's heart, it is still about love, in all its wonderful forms. For me, V Day is a big YAY Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@queenP sorry to hear about your recent breakup, I can imagine it's been a really difficult time lately Smiley Sad Loved reading your positive take on the day - sounds like your family has been really supportive Smiley Happy

Thanks @May_, things have been tough but I am getting there. One day at a time. My family have been a wonderful support, I'm incredibly lucky to have them, as well as this online community Smiley Happy 

Tacky. Its a nah from me.

Serious relationships aren't my thing atm.