cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are looking for new volunteers!

Speak Up For ReachOut!

Hey everyone,

Through sharing your story, you have the power to break down stigma surrounding mental health, raise awareness of the ReachOut service and support young people to be happy and well.

This program will connect you with a group of committed and passionate volunteers and train you to Speak Up For ReachOut - sharing your personal stories of overcoming challenges and tough times with the help of ReachOut services, tools, apps or forums.

We will be looking out for 7 people that meet the needs of the SURFO Program.

This includes;

• If you are between 18-22yrs.
  • If you live in Sydney, Canberra or Brisbane.
  • If you have used the ReachOut service before.
  • If you are confident with public speaking.
  • If you can attend our weekend training workshop on 28 and 29th October in Sydney.

How to apply:

1. To join the SURFO crew, first fill in this application form.
  2. Apps close at 5pm Friday 8th September. We will be in touch a couple of days later to let you know if you’ve moved through to the next part of the application.
  3. Keep in mind the dates of the training workshop in Sydney Oct 28th - 29th and don’t worry if you don’t live close by, we will be paying for your travel and stay in our sunny city!

Thanks,

Helen RO.

Re: We are looking for new volunteers!

That sounds awesome @Helen - RO except I live in Melbourne 😖

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Thanks @j95 we are pumped for it!

This is the first training that we are running, but there could be more in the future...so defs keep an eye out next year.

Yay for Brisbane!

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Damn, guess I'll have to wait until we're recruiting Victorians for this Smiley Tongue

Bugger. I am in Melbourne. But still sounds like a wonderful idea to raise awareness.