cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What are the key ingredients of the RO community?

Awesome idea @Ben-RO!

What do you get out of being a part of the RO community?

I feel good from being a part of the RO community, I learn new things and I just love chatting with people! Smiley Happy

What are the things you enjoy doing to give back to the community?

I really like to talk to others and offer my support. It has really felt like an online family on Reach Out and I'm really grateful for that. I also like to post fun and 'light' threads to just chat about things like costumes, tv shows and things like that. It's so interesting to see what everyone says!

What do you need more of? 

I can't think of anything at the moment because as I'm in a Builder role I find it really flexible and fits in really well with my uni and work schedule Smiley Happy 

I don't know where to start, I've been a member for 3.5 years and I'm constantly coming back. I love how supportive everyone is and is willing to listen to me without judgement.  I like chilling out on the games when I'm distressed as they are a great distraction. I also feel like I've made friends here. I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for ReachOut 

I love playing the games as I mentioned before. Also when you work with people to come up with solutions or strategies on moving forward. 

I want to have more regular infobuses. (I know you just said that @Ben-RO)

Also sometimes the guidelines aren't followed and it's not always picked up or ignored and you report it but nothing happens. (sorry about my whine) 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@redhead you're right, we could be better at getting to those breaches quicker and more consistently. Thank you for sharing, I'll check in with the crew about this Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Hey @Bee,

Do you mind if I use a bit of your answer in my article '6 reasons why you should use our forums'?

EDIT: I just saw I've already used one from you - so ignore this post!!

I love being part of the RO community because everyone is so supportive and caring. It makes me happy to know that I'm able to support others or have a chat. I also get to learn about more about communicating and writing posts that convey the correct message. 

I think I've mixed this a bit with the first question. I enjoy offering support and helping others Smiley Happy

I think I need more guidance on how to tackle posts or if I am helping anyone- I always feel as though I'm not really helping or saying the right thing. (I really want to help, but sometimes I just don't know what to say - i don't want to make it seem as though I don't care). If that makes any sense..

Ooooh I will reply to them when I get home!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Anonymous

Sorry, but I don’t want to be a part of this survey or whatever the hell it is about support and stuff, because it’s really not my thing, so if you want to ask someone, I’m afraid you’ll have to pick out someone else. 

Hi Ben! Some really great questions Smiley Happy

I really enjoy engaging with different people from all different backgrounds and situations! Sometimes it can be really intense, especially when some of us are going through difficult times, and other times it can just be silly stuff bonding over our favourite movies. Either way, I find the experience really valuable!

I really enjoy offering help and advice to people who are currently experiencing the same things I have in the past...e.g. uni stress, relationship troubles. It's really great to know that your past struggles have built the foundation for you to help others in the future.

Some other Builders have mentioned this but I would find some further training in handling high-distress situations where OP might be at risk of hurting themselves or others really helpful. I understand that we should definitely refer the situation to mods when appropriate, but it would also be really great to have some more tools when this situation arises and mods are not immediately present.

@Mel-RO I was going to say go for it Smiley Very Happy but it seems you've got stuff from me already (Not that I even remember what off the top of my head :') ) which is aweeesome. Hopefully you can fill those 6 reasons up quickly Smiley Happy I look forward to reading it and sharing it

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart