cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Suicide Prevention Day 2018

World Suicide Prevention Day 2018

World Suicide Prevention Day is organised by the International Association for Suicide Prevention and the World Health Organisation, to raise awareness of suicide prevention and encourage all people to support each other through connecting communities one day every year.

This year’s theme is “Working Together to Prevent Suicide” and is about supporting all communities and people to work together with a common aim of preventing suicide Heart

How can we carry this theme through the forums and in our wider communities?

Some ideas include:

1.  Encourage others in your life to have a conversation about suicide
  2.  Listen empathetically and support those who may be going through a tough time
  3.  Be the “eyes and ears” of the community by knowing the signs
  4.  Seek help!
  5.  Find out what help is available in your community

Where can I get information to support a friend/family member?

Where can I get support for myself?

Where can I get support if I am grieving the loss of a loved one to suicide?

Today we really encourage all the RO forums community to check in with yourself and maintain your self care. You can check out and contribute to our self care thread here, turning negatives to positives here or post about a tough time here.

If you want to learn more about what ReachOut is doing to encourage the community to come together to prevent suicide, you can read all about the #YouCanTalk Campaign here

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Re: World Suicide Prevention Day 2018

thanks for sharing this imporant information @Jess-RO Heart
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Re: World Suicide Prevention Day 2018

This is a fantastic post @Jess-RO! Such important information that we can use any time of the year! Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!