cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self harm awareness day

So today (March 1st) is self harm awareness day I thought it would be cool to do something about self harm. It could be things like stories, poetry, coping mechanisms, stuff to break the stigma of self harm.
Smiley Happy
=============================
No matter what it is we've faced
It's now part of us
No matter what we've faced in this life
We can overcome
-As I Lay Dying

Re: self harm awareness day

Self harm....the elephant in the room; the secret that drives you insane. It starts with once then another until your whole life in consumed with it. You first do it cope with the sadness and emptiness that fills you inside, then you do it for everything and everything. You can escape it. You might not get the same relief anymore, but you do it anyway. You see the scars and remember why you started. The stories that cover your body remind you of your pain. Years go by and it's the same story. In and out of hospital so they can mend you. The psych ward becomes your second home. You think your crazy because there are voices in your head that tell you it's just another time. You feel hopeless and worthless. That your pathetic and your life doesn't matter anymore.

But I'm here to say your life matters. no matter what people say. You can do it. You can stop. Recovery is possible. Yes you'll do it again, but you'll get stronger. You'll be able to fight. You'll look in the mirror and say I'm beautiful, I'm alive, I'm real. You'll smile and mean it. One day you'll get better and you can help others. You'll make a difference. You'll wear your scars to show you never gave up.

And me. I can do this. I'll be that person one day too. I'll say I won. I will be that person to hold your hand and we'll do it together. We'll share our stories and self harm will no longer be that misunderstood scary thing that no one talks about.

(Something I wrote for facebook today)
=============================
No matter what it is we've faced
It's now part of us
No matter what we've faced in this life
We can overcome
-As I Lay Dying

Re: self harm awareness day

SUCH A GOOD IDEA! I LOVE THIS @redhead

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"