Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Phantom1105
Super frequent scribe

Internal Struggles and Healing

Hey people! I hope you are all doing well. I would like to open a discussion about internal struggles with mental health and share my story on this subject. 

For most of this year, I have been through an overwhelming internal struggle with depression, anxiety and grief. Thanks to this, I took about two or three weeks off school in April-May and that in itself made me feel like there was something wrong with me, which was true, I just didn't want to believe it.

I believe what sparked the depression was both my best friend leaving my school and my girlfriend breaking up with me, at the same time as school ramping up pressure. 

While I am getting regular therapy now and am working towards getting better, This internal struggle continues through my daily life and makes it harder and harder to enjoy life the way I want to. Constant pressure with preliminary exams coming up (as I am in Year 11 at school) and a general sense of anxiety in everything I do, even just going for a walk makes me quite anxious. 

This anxiety I believe has all stemmed from a lot of loss throughout my life, particularly my Mum in 2014, and I suppose my overall anxious and cautious personality.  

My friends help me so much, they listen to everything I say and provide me with comfort, even though they may not understand fully what I am going through. 

I have been struggling with healing from these issues however and some days I feel like I'm going backwards instead of forwards. 

Anyway, thank you for listening to my story!

Who rated this post