cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Phantom1105
Super frequent scribe

Hey @JanaG! Thank you so much for your take on my situation and the advice, I really appreciate it. 

I do believe that at least some of the reasoning why I went downhill was because I kept trying to support people, but no one was really there to support but myself and I didn't (and still don't) know how to. I have been able to help others when they are in need which, in turn, makes me feel better about myself. 

In regards to going to therapy and facing my demons, it's a very different effect to the counselling I was having before whereas now we are actually sorting through my issues and getting to the core of the problems rather than just brushing on the things that occured during the week or something similar to that.  

I totally agree on your second point. Sometimes I feel it's easy for me to forget that recovery is not as straightforward as it seems...

My therapist has always said that this will take a long while, to take it all one step at a time and it's all a work in progress. But as I said, it's easy to get caught up in everything else and forget that fact....

Sort of off-topic but I felt like I'd cover it anyway, I really like seeing my therapist. I see her on a Tuesday mornings and I take the bus there and she drives me to school. It's very nice just to be able to chat to her about whatever I feel like during our session and on the way to school.

And I think that covered everything! Thank you again @JanaG 🙂

Who rated this post