Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

happyandhealthy
Frequent scribe

Hi @yeah_it_tahtperson

I'm sorry to hear that your'e feeling stressed out at the moment 😥

I firstly want to let you know that you are not the only one! School can be a super stressful time and can cause anxiety and stress for many of us. It can be even trickier when your parents may not understand why you are feeling stressed, which seems to be the case with you. I think that there are a couple of things you could do which might help!

1. I know that you may not want to talk to your parents due to their past reactions to you communicating your struggles but maybe it is worth while reiterating your feelings to them? Communciation can really help others know what is affecting us. So by you telling your parents again how them mocking you and overwhelming you really affects you it may finally register in their minds that you need them to change and be more supportive. Also telling them what type of support you need from them could also help them know how you want to be assisted.

2. If you don't feel comfortable doing that or you give it a go but nothing positive comes from it is there a school counsellor or another adult that you trust and can talk through things with? Even having a chat with friends might help you feel more supported. And of course don't forget that you can post on the ReachOut forums whenever you need someone to listen or give you some advice!

I think that by the sounds of things you are a hard worker and you should be proud of your efforts no matter what anyone else thinks or says! Keep working hard but also make sure you find the time to do things you enjoy so you can have a break and recharge ☺️

Who rated this post