Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Janine-RO
Star contributor

Hey @Tiny_leaf , 

Just catching up on your thread- I really love @Lost_Space_Explorer5 's way of looking at support needs, and what good support would look like to you 💜 I can completely appreciate how intimate and invasive it can feel having someone come to help you shower, especially if it's someone you don't know well. It's a really vulnerable feeling - I know that the few times I have needed that sort of assistance from professionals I did find it pretty weird and uncomfortable at first. I really admire you for advocating for what you need in terms of supports @Tiny_leaf . I have a weird question for you, and I hope it's ok for me to ask... when showering and stuff is hard, do things like those wet wipes people use after the gym help at at all? Would assistive technology or modifications (e.g. rails in the shower) make those tasks easier for you ? A good OT can be worth their weight in gold in helping to get reasonable requests funded, but I also really acknowledge that that process can feel invasive and sucky at times. 

We're here whenever you need to vent, and if we can help at all in more practical ways (e.g. looking around for some advocacy services that might be useful) we are more than happy to do that. Just let us know what would be helpful. 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Who rated this post