Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Janine-RO
Star contributor

Kristen Bell Awww GIF

@MB95  honestly reading that made my morning - you are so lovely, and I hope you realise how much we truly do value you here. It's an absolute privilege to get to do what I do for work, I'm grateful every single day. 

I think what you're saying about not being ready to address the trauma side of things now is so valid. There really is a time and place for trauma work, and sometimes we're just not ready to go there. 

That is valid, and you are a really self aware and intelligent person, and when the time is right for you to do that work, I suspect you'll know. 

That being said, there are a lot of different modalities of treatment and therapeutic approaches out there- and some people find that sometimes they're not ready for one approach, but they may benefit from chatting to another kind of professional. For example- Mental Health OTs are amazing, so are mental health social workers, and counsellors/psychotherapists. 

On a side note- I'm so stoked to hear that you're considering being a mental health OT! I actually looked into doing my Masters of OT to be a MHOT, I think they are such underrated heroes of the mental health sector! I love the approach, and I'm someone who's studied and worked in a pretty diverse range of fields, I really appreciate that it's a collaborative approach that's science and evidence based, but looks at the whole person. 

Occupational Therapy Ot GIF

There's no one size fits all solution - we are all complex creatures, and maybe it's just a matter of finding the right fit for you. 

How are you feeling today @MB95 ? I'm sensing that you were feeling a little bit heightened last night maybe? It's great that you were feeling positive and in control though - how's uni stuff going? 

We're here to chat whenever you're around 💜

Check out our community activities calendar here
Who rated this post