Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

GioDes
Super frequent scribe

Hi @Brookey

As @TOM-RO said, I don't think those feelings are silly at all! I think that is a very valid and normal way to feel - it is very human to want to be liked and feel like we aren't disappointing people, I definitely feel that way too sometimes. I am just wondering what 'disappointing' others means for you? What does that actually look like and where does that feeling of pressure come from for you? I am also wondering what you would say to a mate who disappointed you? Would you be compassionate and if so, could you start to be that way with yourself?

Sometimes I find that once I actually start to examine my own expectations of myself, I see that they are not only often unrealistic, but also notice that my response when I feel I don't meet them is to shame and punish myself without realising. I compare myself to others thinking "I should be doing that, I am not good enough!" I have to remind myself that there is no universal set of rules for what is right for everyone, you are YOU for a reason and you will have your own strengths and resources and you are contributing to the world and matter just BY BEING YOU! 

Who rated this post