cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Taylor-RO
Uber contributor

Hey @Akinna, it is great to hear that even though things have been difficult for you, that you have been able to learn and grow from it. I really like what you wrote about progress! I agree, it isn't always linear and there can be a lot of steps in between. Some days are better than others. It is also good that you are seeking another opinion about your medication - the more support, the better. I also really love following Instagram therapists too, sometimes it makes me feel good seeing posts that I can really resonate with, especially if they are validating and empowering. And yes, you are right, there are plenty of different pathways into uni. I remember when I was in Year 12, it was so stressful and it felt like the end of the world.. but there are other pathways besides uni too and some people are better suited to that which is totally ok. I also resonate with what you said about rest. Sometimes I try to do ALL the things and it can be stressful, so I try to give myself a break and not rush around so much. It would also make sense that stress and negative thought patterns were triggers for you and led you to self-harm more frequently. Those situations can raise intense feelings which can be difficult to cope with, especially if you have a lot going on already. Again, thank you for sharing such great tips and insight 💖

Who rated this post