cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Oh yes the live chat @MB95😅 It did feel a little close to home hey 😛 But I mean usually- I mean when we used to have getting real chats we'd like to talk about stuff that was actually relevent to the people on the forums at the time, so if topics kept coming up they were great talking points! But the staff organises the AMAAs. I mean even if the boundaries stuff was inspired by stuff people have said or struggled with on here, that doesn't mean they want people gone! If anything it shows how much the staff care, cause they want to talk about topics that are relevant to the community. But no it wasn't targeted at you, but I get the feeling, I felt kinda called out too although I was happy cause it felt like a really important conversation! It's something that's come up a lot and not just on the forums I think that's why they chose it as a topic, but I can't speak for the staff. Don't feel like you have to read it though because boundaries about having chats about boundaries are still boundaries 🙂 So meta!

Hm it makes sense to be feeling like the world is against you when you're hiding your emotions because you think everyone wants you to or that it's better for everyone. I mean, isn't your brain just trying to make sense of the data available right now? Is that too weird a way to express it?

It sounds like in the past people have been ambiguous or outright about invalidating your feelings so maybe it would be easier and 'safer' to generalise that into all people don't care? Idk sometimes I find it easier to think in an all or nothing way because it just feels more protective? Do you relate at all? I'm not gonna pretend I understand what's going on though, these are just some ideas based off my own experiences...

Whenever I hide my emotions there can be a lot going on. Like if I subtly show I'm hurting and no one picks up on it, it feels like no one cares. If someone is slightly mean or abrasive to me I think they must know how much I'm hurting and therefore want bad things to happen to me. It kind of feels obvious I'm really struggling even though I can be hiding it really well? Lol why do I always end up talking about myself I'm sorry. I just can relate a bit I think

My psych would say something like if we're always in a threat response (like feeling unsafe, or sad), we're more likely to perceive threats when they're minor or ambiguous.

Awh I'm sorry you feel like you'd be mortified. I think that says how open and honest you're able to be on here that you feel vulnerable? It means you have a safe (ish) place to vent right? Is that too optimistic?

You are capable! Didn't you get a job from the last one of these? That shows you're capable! That doesn't sound ridiculous. Just like your intune with how you've been feeling lately? Idk sometimes yes a new thing can break us but sometimes it can be exactly the distraction we need, lets hope its the later hey, but if not, you can always come on here or reach out to other supports ❤️

It can be easy to get attached when we're feeling vulnerable or lonely. If you're really worried perhaps you could talk to a supervisor or something if that applies? What do you think? Or you could work on what language you use with this person and try to set time boundaries as well as being aware of what kind of stuff you should and shouldn't say and maybe finding someone like a friend you can talk to as an outlet? Idk what kind of professional relationship this is sorry.

That's the spirit! You got this! 🙂

Who rated this post