cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

Heya @MB95 thank you for your kind words. It is hard to deal with attachment stuff, it brings up really deep feelings and going into that is scary. Bravery takes time to cultivate so don't lose hope - you might of heard this saying before but something that has helped me was when a therapist said "bravery doesn't mean you aren't scared, it means despite the fear you take action anyway". I have thought about that a lot and it has helped me do things I thought I couldn't do. 

To answer your qu over time my attachment stuff has definitely become easier to deal with. I am way more aware of triggers, why those triggers exist and how to diffuse them. There was a time I didn't think that was possible but I have lived to tell the tale! 😁

This might not be the same for everyone but understanding why I was having certain struggles allowed me to appreciate the complexity of this mental health stuff - that is the only thing that helped me clear some space in myself to have self-compassion. I know you've been saying it doesn't work for you and I don't deny that because it can feel really weird - but I wanted to be a lil cheeky and add my experience with that in. 

I did just want to echo what @Lost_Space_Explorer5 said about being worried with you saying goodbye and that you did something stupid. You mentioned that the events are kinda connected and I wanted ask more about that. It's good to hear you're safe right now but still want to ask about that because I'm not sure what you mean by that. 

Who rated this post