cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

I don't think you're a freak. How you feel makes sense- it sounds like you're feeling incredibly isolated and unsupported right now so of course someone who is kind and in a position of a mentor is going to be someone you want to spend more time with. I think you're probably right that you can't get close to her because yes it is a professional relationship but wanting to doesn't make you a freak. A lot of the time I feel like a freak too because of my thoughts and feelings and how I interact with people. It's a really horrible feeling and can lead you to feel like you don't belong and don't deserve to be here. Just cause you think you're a freak doesn't mean you are though, right? What even is a 'freak'? Great now freak doesn't even look like a word anymore. I've said it too many times. Well, written. What is 'normal'? Do you think she was suggesting 4 days because she's worried about you and wants you to take some time for self-care? She wouldn't be an incredible supervisor if she only ever had 'perfect' students. She would be out of a job then wouldn't she? Hmm? Sorry I'm being cheeky now I know I don't know the whole story but I'm trying to challenge some of these critical thoughts 😕 I feel like your brain is being really mean to you right now. People say my brain can be mean to me too, even when I think it's speaking the truth.

What's wrong with wanting to hug someone anyway? It's not wrong to want a hug. But professional boundaries are there for a reason, mainly to protect you from getting hurt, right? When I was in school (like highschool) I think I remember wanting any of the nice teachers to talk to me and ask me what was wrong and give me a hug. I thought I was really weird for thinking that at the time. I think I just wanted someone to be there though, you know? Even though had they talked to me I would have pushed them away lol I was not going to get sent to the counsellor and have my parents called no thank you. So that's me talking about me again 🤦‍♀️ I hope it was a distraction though

Is there anything we could do to help right now? Even to distract you?

Who rated this post