cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Please be assured @justkeepswimming it took me a very long time, a few years, to prioritise my mental health! I didn't cry in class, but I went to the toilets to cry and hide from people and do other stuff... until it got to the point where I had no choice but to prioritise my mental health.

Thanks for your kind words, it did take courage. I'm actually kind of proud of the fact that I have a mental illness because despite how bad it's been, I'm still alive and I'm still fighting. And I decided I don't care what other people think about this decision, or any other decision to prioritise my mental health. And this one came as quite a surprise to everyone because I hid my illness so well. But it felt so good to finally be myself and be confidently open about my illness. It's nothing for anyone to be ashamed about.

At the end of the day, what matters most is that I'm alive and happy. Everything else is second. Same for you.

You are the most permanent person in your life so it's important to look after yourself.

Just be kind to yourself for whatever you did or didn't do because it's hard and you are brave and amazing for just surviving and you deserve to be proud of yourself for every small victory ❤️

Glad I can be just a tiny bit of help, all the best, you can do this!!!

Who rated this post