cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Emily-RO
Star contributor

Hey @cranberry  Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Firstly, I want to let you know that your experiences are valid, with or without a diagnosis. You don’t need a label for your feelings to be important. 

I also want to let you know that you’re definitely not alone in how you’re feeling. I can relate really strongly to what you’ve shared. When I was initially struggling with my mental health, I didn’t tell anyone about it, which meant I didn’t get diagnosed. Later on, it was hard for me to describe my experiences and I wondered if the diagnosis would have helped.

For me, I later got diagnosed and it was an overall good experience. Having the language to talk about my experiences is really important to me. I was able to access support with the diagnosis, but more importantly I was able to meet other people that understood what I was feeling. We had the same shared diagnosis and it made it easier for me to find like-minded people. That is just my experience though, and everyone is very different!

All in all, I do want to highlight that you don’t need a diagnosis for your experiences to be valid. They are valid just the way they are and you deserve support no matter what 😊 If you do want to get diagnosed, we can support you through that too.

Thank you again for sharing this with us. There are many people in this community who can relate to your experiences.

Who rated this post