cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Plum_Pig
Rookie scribe

Hi, @Goldenrod_Possum I can definitely relate to your situation, It can be really tough but I promise it will get better. I had to flee from a domestic violence situation when I was 17 and I remember running away numerous times. I felt that the thing that made it so hard for me was the fact that I had a very quiet family, and I felt embarrased to talk to other family members about what was happening at home and I let this go on for too long. It can be really hard dealing with things like this, especially being only 16 and having the stress of school on top.

However, the moment I let another family member know who was'nt apart of this family drama, this could be an aunt or uncle, grandparent, etc. things immediately got better. You should not feel like your problems are going to be a burden on them because they will just want to keep you safe and they may have no idea that this is happening at home. Also, what I observed when doing this, is that as soon as I involved another family member, my parents almost just snapped and went "oh, what we're doing is having a negative effect on our children". I hope I'll be able to talk to you more about this and I wish you all the best. 🙂

Who rated this post