cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Hi @Iona-RO,

Yes thank you, I am already feeling better just getting this off my chest. 

Personally, I would like to be told if someone had feelings for me, however, I understand I am probably an outlier and bombarding somebody with such feelings may overwhelm them and they may not appreciate it given their current relationship. This is why I'd like to try and hold off on saying anything as long as I can. 

Ideally if I said something I would hope for the truth back whatever the answer just so I knew for sure and could move on accordingly. Of course I would hope they fond feelings towards me also, but them being in a relationship would be difficult to get around. Most importantly if I did say something I would hope we could keep it between us and remain friends regardless and this is my biggest reason for not saying anything as I would not want to damage friendships. 

At the age of 20 I haven't experienced such feelings for anyone else even though I have had interactions with other people in the past and generally have no desire for such feelings, which I think is what has added to my confusion and stress. 

Overall, after going through this as much as I wish I could tell this person how I feel and as much as I wish they would say the same back, I will try and hold it in and move past it if possible and wait for an opportunity if it ever arises with this person or if it happens again with someone else. Although, I think It will be important for me to be able to speak to someone as I have now when these overwhelming feelings emerge because keeping it in has proven to be quite harmful for my mental health and overall life. 

Who rated this post