cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?

I heard about RO a couple years when I attended a community services job convention and they had a stall. I still have the leaflets from that day. It never occurred to me until recently how relevant the service is to me, as a person who favours isolation, how much healthier it would to be part of such as safe, welcoming community.

2. What's your favourite post thread?

My fave thread would be "Taking Care of Myself". In such a competitive, race-like world these days, it's nice to see a space devoted to looking after yourself because I believe that's the first thing we neglect when we go through strife or adversity

3. Why did you decide to become a builder?

I decided to become a builder because it aligned with what I studied in Uni (Social Work), a subject basically dedicated to supporting everyone in society. Having lived experience in mental health, I thought this would be an amazing opportunity to not only give back in supporting others but to also learn to emulate a healthy recovery model for myself and everyone else in the RO community.

4. What do you do during the day?

I try to engage in a variety of activities during the day to keep me occupied and productive (isn't always the case). First thing in the morning after breakfast I take at least an hour walk before coming home, resting a little (self-care), spend some time on short-courses related to my field of interest (mental health), read, watch shows/docos and complete my prayers on time as faith is important to me. On weekend I volunteer with Red Cross to provide support to the elderly community.

5. Do you have any weird hobbies 

I've wracked my brain trying to think of any weird hobbies and I don't have one but now I'm kind of determined to make one!

6. What's your all time favourite TV show?

Very hard question but this time I'll answer the Office (special mentions: B99 and Bojack Horseman)

Who rated this post