Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Taylor-RO
Uber contributor

Hi @justkeepswimming

Thank you for sharing. The points that you raise are very valid. It can be difficult to watch a lot of your life change and you might find yourself missing old parts of your life. This can be confusing and upsetting, especially if you have noticed a lot of positive impacts from therapy/medication. It can add another layer of complexity and difficulty to a situation that is already complex and difficult. You are not alone and plenty of other people have felt similarly too. This can definitely be apart of the healing journey. You said that you wish you were happy about getting better and getting the help that you need - what do you think is the first step to this? 

I am sure you already know this but skipping a dose could have unintended consequences, so I would encourage you to discuss this with your psychiatrist first. You also mentioned that you miss the old you and that things aren't supposed to be so well for you. Do you feel comfortable sharing a little bit more about why you feel this way? I would also encourage you to talk about these thoughts with your psychologist when you get the chance, as these thoughts can inform part of your therapy with them 💖

Who rated this post