Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @justkeepswimming 

im so glad you’ve felt things are going well for you and I’m pretty sure I know the emotion you’re describing. When someone has been anxious for a longtime they mind forgets what good things feel like and when they happen of course there is the sense of relief but also suspicion. There is a something called “sense of impending doom”. Your brain says “Hey! Don’t get used to this” I’m so glad you’ve seen positive changes manifesting in your life and remember YOU put in the work to make that happen so congratulate yourself! But please, please don’t skip your medication without consulting your psychiatrist. As someone who has experienced that it is not good for your mind or body. I want to acknowledge how brave you were to take that first step to seek help and also accept the medication recommended (you rock!) RO has a great article on anxiety that’s talks about that impending panic. It sounds like you are grieving the you that was before and that is common and extremely valid emotion. I sometimes miss the old me too. My psychologist says the most important thing is just trying to be the best version of ourselves, whatever that may look like. When you said you made 2 new friends I was cheering because I remember starting uni accepting that I would be friendless but ended up meeting one of my best friends. All the good things happening in your life is a product of the dedication and hard work you’re putting in so no wonder you’re exhausted. It’s a lot to take on. Maybe debrief with your psych on Monday and she what they have to say. I wish you a healthy recovery journey and that you continue to prosper with your mental health 💜 and I think you know what to do…

just keep swimming GIF

Who rated this post