Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

autumn2742
Builder

Hey there!

I first heard about Reach Out from one of my university tutors, who recommended looking into Reach Out for some great psychology-related experience and experience in peer support. I decided to look into it again this year and found that I really liked the concept of using forums to provide peer support, particularly due to their less confrontational nature. I don't yet have a favourite post thread, but I am looking forward to looking at the self-care threads, and threads relating to gender!

I decided to become a builder as I felt that it would be a good way to begin gaining some experience in peer support, but also that it would be a good way to ease into the world of mental health peer support as the forum-format and anonymous nature of the site allows a less confrontational (and therefore less frightening) method of sharing personal experiences and exchanging stories. I also like that there is such an emphasis on self-care. Lastly, I am also eager to offer support to others going through a tough time, and hope that my own experiences may be able to provide some support and comfort to someone else that may be going through similar experiences.

During the day, I mostly study, make art (painting mostly), listen to music and go on walks. I also catch up with friends and family. My all time favourite TV show is Breaking Bad, but the Office comes in a close second (when I need something a bit more light-hearted). 

Thank you for reading, and I am looking forward to meeting you all around the forums! 🙂 

Who rated this post