Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Iona_RO
Star contributor

Hey @Symphony7😊

Before I talk about anything else, I've just got to mention how amazing it is to read how much you have been able to establish what it is you need to feel supported, and have been able to reach out to get some guidance on how to find that. So good! 👏

I'm really happy to hear you are doing better than you were over lockdown and that you've got lots of things going on in your life that make you happy (working in a zoo and being around animals must be so cool!). But I can also understand why you'd be feeling overwhelmed and exhausted having such a full week! I think most people would! Is there anything you'd be able to reduce at all to make sure you've got some time to rest too? I think you're right as well though, that figuring out a sleep schedule that works for you might help in the meantime. We have this article that gives a bunch of tips on how to get a good night's sleep. Do you think any of these would work for you?

I can totally understand why you sometimes feel worried about being a full time worker at some point (especially when you are really doing the work of at least 2 jobs at the moment with uni, work and sports sessions!). And I think a lot people do struggle with traditional Mon - Fri, 9 - 5 work. However, the way full-time work functions now has changed so much over the last few years, with so many options of being able to work from home or a mix of working from home and in the office. Which I think makes a big difference. There's also the option of working freelance and being more flexible with the hours you work. I reckon if you end up following a career in journalism after uni, there's definitely opportunity for that way of working. Do you think having those options might work for you in the future?

Amazing news to hear that you're at a place where you are ready to find a counsellor. It can be quite the journey to get to that point, so a genuine well done for getting there. Kids Helpline are a service for people up to 25 years old that has counsellors available via webchat and you can speak to the same counsellor each time. I think this is a great way to start off and get more comfortable with this kind of support. And when you are ready to and feel you want to, there are always options to chat to a counsellor over video call instead of in person if that feels more comfortable. You can always let us know if you need some support organising that too 😊

Who rated this post