Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Dem--RO
Contributor

Hi @Lost_Space_Explorer5 

It sounds like you are going through a lot right now, and I can see how you would want your friend there for a bit of support. I'm really sorry that they are somewhat ghosting you, and you're right, social media does make it so much worse!!

I think your idea about making some new friends is really good, and I've found that volunteering is an easier way to meet new people because you already have some common ground. Meetup groups are also pretty good for that reason, and I find them less socially awkward and nerve racking 🙂

Does your uni have any options to meet new people through study groups or by joining something?

You're not alone in how you're feeling, and here are some articles that may give you a bit of a starting point: What to do if you are feeling lonely and 11 things to do if you're feeling lonely.

If you feel that you would like to talk to someone, eheadspace and Kids Help Line are really good resources, and you can do online chat with them as well if you're more comfortable with that.

I'll send you an email as well, so please keep an eye out for that. 

Who rated this post