cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Daydreaming

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well. 

I found myself stuck in bed this morning, knowing it's a brand new month, just lying here thinking about everything I need to do.

lately my problem seems to be that I know what I want and I know what I should be doing but I can't seem to find the motivation to start.

Without work it's hard to fill the days and my parents are worried and putting pressure on but when my alarm goes off I just can't seem to manage it. 

Thats today's feelings anyway

Highlighted

Re: Daydreaming

Hey @Emz215

I've been dealing with a similar issue recently - laying in bed, struggling to find motivation to get up and start the day. For me I know my lack of motivation to get up stems from feeling lost in my life right now. I wonder if you can identify anything that you think might be chewing your motivation up?

Being without work can certainly be hard. I'm currently not working at the moment either. Are you looking for work?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Hey @Bee

I think you and I are feeling exactly the same. I am looking for work but its not encouraging and I've spent today dealing with Centrelink stuff trying to see if it's even worth doing. I know that the lack of structure to my life and lack of purpose it what's making me feel this way so I'm trying to think of ways to improve that. 

I've never been unemployed before, I don't love it ha-ha. I hope you are doing o-k, the struggle is real as my cousin says often. xx

Highlighted

@Emz215
Yes it can be very discouraging looking for work when there isn't many vacancies. I'm in a small town so and there's not many jop openings in what I want, and I'm limited to what I can do since having a foot injury a while back. Centrelink can be confusing at times, did they give you enough information?

Great identifying there! Trying to find ways to add structure and purpose to your life is a great idea!
For me my purpose at the moment I find purpose through helping others on the forums by being a moderator. It's something that I enjoy and gives me things to do. I also focus on some hobbies and study (Although at the moment it's on hold due to course changes)

SO true about the struggle being real Heart hopefuly you can find a job soon x

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Emz215 just checking in with you... how's the structure and routine stuff going? Smiley Happy

Hey @lokifish

Things are going a bit better. I'm still job hunting but I'm a bit more positive about things. I'm heading into Centrelink tomorrow now that I have all the documentation together -- having to email my old boss for things was a bit awkward but he was really good about it -- so hopefully I can get some money coming in and be a bit less strapped. 

I meant to post on here the other day but I've been helping a close friend who's going through a hard time right now. It feels good to be there for someone and help where I can but it's so hard watching someone you care about going through bad things. 

So over all I'm doing better and I hope you're going well too Smiley Happy