cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mistakes regarding using my phone instead of a pay phone in future

Well, even though I am, in all honesty, a great person and human being, and you all want to empower me and make me feel better about myself and my traits, and from all your views, it might not seem all that helpful for me to say things like that about myself, but just ‘cos I say I’m pissed with myself, doesn’t mean I’m any less of an awesome, friendly, and great person - NOTHING negative I say about myself defines who I truly am. So sorry if any of you really want me to stop, because I can always stop saying that stuff about myself in my posts on this website’s forums and kiss it goodbye?

Sorry if it sounded like I was saying your feelings aren't 'true' or real @Matty D! That wasn't my intention but I see how it came across that way. I just meant that we can be a bit hard on ourselves sometimes Smiley Happy It's awesome that you have such a healthy, resilient self-image. 

The language question still seems to be bothering you; would it make you more comfortable if you were to work on changing the words you use when you're feeling angry? 

How are you doing this afternoon? 

Well, I don't know if you're OK with this, but I don't wanna change the words I say on here when I'm angry or anxious, because it really does help me to vent. I'm just concerned as to whether any of YOU think I should put a stop to it in case it offends any of you. And when I say what I need to say on here when these feelings arise, yes, I am being a little hard on myself, but in a good way, and I really don't see what the heck's wrong with that if it's just every now and then. I mean, we're human - it's OK to be this way to ourselves sometimes; it's just simply a normal and natural part of life, there's no way any of us can be happy and kind to our own selves every day. And one of the boys in my travel training group made me angry this morning by pushing me for no damn reason just 'cos I was in the doorway by mistake on the train when I was already mad enough at myself for forgetting to remind my mum last night to put my money for lunch in my damn wallet. Are these people even listening to themselves? It's only an honest accident, for God's sake! And in response to your question about my afternoon, sadly, it was still pretty crap for me.

Ah okay I see where you're coming from @Matty D. Just personally, those kinds of words etc don't bother me Smiley Happy As long as it helps you, then it's all cool. 

That sucks about your train trip! Sometimes people can be really inconsiderate when they're in a rush, hey? 

Did you want to chat about your afternoon? I'm sorry to hear it was crappy.

Well, long story short, yes, they can cause us a bit of bother, because what the hell gives them the right to treat other people like that? It’s just simply not on. And the reason for my crappy afternoon was because of that damn anxiety of mine that lingered inside me afterwards. 

It is really rude @Matty D, I agree Smiley Sad

Do you have any strategies for dealing when your anxiety is causing you trouble? Deep breathing, relaxation, or something else? 

Just sitting with the feeling for as long as it takes until it gradually subsides after a while.

That strategy can be helpful @Matty D! It's kinda like the emotion is a wave on a beach, and it comes up the shore and then recedes Smiley Happy 

Yes, that’s an excellent way of putting it.