cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel the urge to self-harm but I'm not depressed?

I used to be severely depressed and self-harm, but I'm not depressed anymore and feel a strong urge to harm myself. When I did self-harm, it felt nice I guess you could say and I now have the urge to self-harm again. I just want to put this out there because I know people who struggle with the same thing as me. My question is though, why? Why do i feel the urge again?

Highlighted

Re: I feel the urge to self-harm but I'm not depressed?

Hi @Da_laast89 I just wanted to let you know that , in line with our guidelines found here, I have edited some of the graphic details from your post, that could have been harmful or triggering for other readers to see.  

I also wanted to check if you have discussed your urges with a doctor or counselor? While it is great that you're opening up here, it's important that you seek professional guidance too.

Re: I feel the urge to self-harm but I'm not depressed?

Hey, @Da_laast89! How have things been travelling since Thursday? Urges can be really invasive and upsetting, so I understand why you want to find out the cause. It is really difficult to know why, so @Danielle_RO makes a really great suggestion of speaking to a professional about it. It is also really nice just to have a chat with someone about it to share how you are feeling Smiley Happy

—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford